Sunday, August 10, 2014

Neutrogena Beach and Beauty Party

I recently had the opportunity to host a Neutrogena Beach and Beauty Party through Crowdtap. If your not familiar with Crowdtap, I encourage you to check it out. You can connect with the brands that you love, share content about them and earn entries into monthly drawings where you can win gift cards. Not only that, but you can be invited to host a party for different brands, such as Neutrogena, the one I did. What they do is, send you numerous sample products to try out and all you do is get a few of your friends together to try them all out, all the while taking notes about what you liked and what you didn't like about each product. 

I think this is a great way to get to know the brand and it's products as well as get different perspectives about what works and what doesn't.

Here is what what included in my party kit:

#NeutrogenaAdvocate
  • Neutrogena sunscreen sample
  • MoistureShine Lip Soother in shade Glimmer
  • Visibly Even Daily Moisturizer
  • Hydrating Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes
  • Triple Repair Hair Care
  • 1 Neutrogena party item
  • 1 Party insert 


Note: If your wondering what the "party item" was, it was a Frisbee. It is not shown in the picture because my son claimed that for himself the first day I opened the package lol. 

Since the party kit included the Make-Up remover cleansing towelettes, I figured what better way to try those out, than to let our husbands do our make-up for us! I thought this would be a fun way to try the wipes. Surprisingly our husbands did pretty good.
I wish I would have taken more pics during the process of them putting makeup on us but I was having too much fun I completely forgot to.

Ok now on to the good stuff. What we thought about the products!

  1. Neutrogena Sunscreen- We couldn't really go outside and test this product because our party happened to be on a rainy day but, we did apply it to the top of our hands and were very surprised! The sunscreen had the most amazing scent! All the sunscreens I have used in the past all pretty much had the same smell, but this one was different. We also noticed that it was not greasy at all! It left our skin feeling so soft and smooth. My friend actually commented that she wanted to just put it all over her like a regular body lotion, it was that good! This was our favorite product in the whole kit! 
  2. MoistureShine Lip Soother- We also liked this product as well. It had a good scent to it, and it left our lips feeling super soft and smooth. We also noticed it made our lips feel cool and tingly. This is a great product for wearing outside because it has sunscreen, with an SPF of 20. With the SPF and the cooling effect that you get when applied, makes this the perfect lip product for those dry summer days. 
  3. Visibly Even Daily Moisturizer- This had to me my least favorite product. I really wanted to like this product but I just didn't. It wasn't for me. For me, the product left my skin feeling super oily and shiny. My skin can be a bit on the oily side, so the added oil did not sit to well on my skin. But my friend, whose skin tends to be a bit dry, felt that this product absorbed better into her skin. Her skin seemed to soak it up while it just sat on the surface of mine. So I've concluded that this product would work better for those with dry skin and not so much with those who's skin tends to be a bit oily. 
  4. Hydrating Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes- I usually don't use cleansing towelettes to remove my makeup which is why I was so eager to try these. My friend used one first to remove her makeup and the first thing she noticed is that the wipe was not moist enough and it burned her eyes. When I used it, I felt that it was moist enough for my needs but it did burn my skin a little bit. The smell of the wipe wasn't the most pleasant. My friends husband described it as smelling like a dirty dish rag. I can't say I disagree on that one. I wish it would have been more gentle but it was effective at removing my make-up. 
  5. Triple Repair Hair Care- I was super eager to try this product because it's supposed to mend split ends and strengthen brittle hair and that is something my hair needs so bad! However, I was so disappointed. My hair felt just as dry and brittle if not worse after using this product. I thought for sure my hair would come out silky smooth but it didn't at all.
Overall, I really enjoyed hosting this party. I loved being able to try out products for free courtesy of #crowdtap and sharing with others my thoughts and opinions about them. I hope you enjoyed my reviews and found them helpful. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment