Thursday, July 31, 2014

Barefaced Dead Sea Mud Mask Review

I was so excited to try this dead sea mud mask by #Barefaced. I love trying masks especially ones like this mud mask because you get that spa treatment feel in the comfort of your own home. This product is unique in that the mud was harvested directly from the bed of the dead sea. This mud is full of natural minerals, salts and nutrients which are so good for your skin.

This product claims to do the following:  
  • Tone, tighten and improve skin texture
  • Draw out unseen excess oils and impurities
  • Exfoliate, unclog and purify pores. Help rid your skin of blackheads and imperfections
  • Moisturize and maintain healthy collagen levels to help fight wrinkles
  • Relieve skin conditions such as eczema, acne and psoriasis
So, the other night I decided to go a head and try this product for the first time. The first thing I noticed specifically about the product itself that it was very thick. I used my finger to kind of give it a good stir and mix to get everything blended that might have began to settle at the bottom. The other thing I noticed right away is the smell! O-M-G it was not pleasant! But then again it is mud after all. You can't really expect it to smell like roses.

I applied it to my face very generously and your supposed to leave it on for 15 minutes so I did that but it burned like crazy! I don't know if that is typical or not or if it was because I had just exfoliated my face with some salt but never the less, my face was on fire. I wanted to rinse in off during the first five minutes but I stuck it out. I figured the burning meant it was working.

When I finally rinsed it off, my face felt very tight and smooth and a bit blotchy in places. It didn't really have any lasting effect. However, it was the first time I used it so I'm not going to give up on it just yet. I will continue to use it, probably once a week so that my skin can really start to benefit from all the added minerals and nutrients. I can feel good knowing that.

 If you want to learn more about this product, you can visit the company's website here. You can also purchase this product on Amazon. It currently sells for $24.95.



  I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment